The Reliable USB Formatting Utility
Rufus is a small utility that helps format and create bootable USB flash drives, such as USB keys/pendrives, memory sticks, etc.
– Formats USB memory sticks to FAT/FAT32/NTFS/exFAT/UDF/ReFS
– Creates bootable USB drive from a wide range of ISOs
– Creates MS-DOS/FreeDOS bootable USB memory sticks, with no external files required
– Creates BIOS or UEFI bootable drives
– Checks for bad blocks
– Modern UI, with UAC elevation for Windows Vista and later
– Fully Open Source (GPL v3)
It can be be especially useful for cases where:
– you need to flash a BIOS or other firmware from DOS
– you need to install an Operating System or run a Live CD from USB
– you need to work on a system that doesn’t have an OS installed
– you want to run a DOS low-level utility
Despite its small size, Rufus provides you with everything you need!